La quintessenza del territorio
Church of St. Maria del Suffragio, XVIII century

Church of St. Maria del Suffragio, XVIII century

The confraternity of the Suffragio took charge from 1689 for the construction of the church; which was opened in 1702 and consecrated by the archbishop of Fermo Alessandro Borgia in May 1730.

The works for the construction of the facade and the bell tower began in 1792 by the chamber architect Pietro Augustoni of Como, then flanked by Francesco Lepori of Lugano and the Lombard Stefano Interlenghi for the plastic ornamentation of the interior.
Among the major paintings that decorate the church, there are the painting with the Addolorata holding the body of Jesus and San Carlo Borromeo by the artist Domenico Simonetti; a painting depicting the Madonna Child Jesus among Saints Agostino, Monica, Filippo Neri and Gaetano da Thiene (1714-27), the painting depicting the Madonna the Child, St. Nicholas of Tolentino and the souls in purgatory by Ubaldo Ricci (1699), the main altarpiece with the Madonna Child Jesus and Saints Francis Xavier and Mary Magdalene (1702 ca.) and the work depicting the Transit of Saint Joseph (1700), both painted by Pietro Simone Fanelli.